When you decide that you want to take life a little easier and spend your time doing the things you enjoy, you need to be sure you are making the most of your finances to achieve the best possible retirement lifestyle.
The decisions you make leading up to your retirement will have long-term consequences and you need to make informed choices. The pension freedoms introduced in April 2015 make this more important than ever, as people retiring with defined contribution pension savings now have much greater choice about the way they access their funds, including buying an annuity, leaving money invested and drawing an income from it or taking the whole amount as a lump sum.
MT Financial Management’s At Retirement service includes:
- a review of your current financial circumstances to identify the resources available to you in retirement
- discussing what you hope to achieve during the various stages of your retirement
- researching various retirement options available to you, taking into account your personal tax position
- recommending a financial strategy that will help you to achieve the best possible standard of living throughout your retirement
- ensuring that all the recommended changes are carried out promptly and dealing with all the paperwork on your behalf
- annual reviews of your pension portfolio including an assessment of overall performance against your objectives and an update of your risk profile
- unlimited contact with your investment adviser by e-mail, telephone and letter.
Our At Retirement service initial fees will vary, depending on your circumstances, but start from the greater of £875 and two percent of the funds under advice for researching and implementing your retirement strategy, depending on the nature and complexity of your existing pension arrangements.
Our annual fee for the ongoing management of your pension portfolio is 0.6 percent of its value, subject to a minimum fee depending on the level of ongoing service selected, together with an initial fee for researching and establishing a bespoke pension portfolio.
All of our fees are explained at the first meeting and you will not incur any costs from us until we have confirmed our fees to you in writing and you have agreed these and what we propose to do for you.
As an extension of our At Retirement services, our Personal and Personal Plus Services offer a fully integrated and personalised financial planning service incorporating all investments, pensions, ISAs, savings accounts and property assets.
For more information on MT Financial Management in Spalding, Wisbech and Market Deeping, please contact us.