We all want to enjoy a comfortable retirement, with no money worries and the freedom to spend our time as we wish.
Putting in place pension arrangements is essential to achieving the retirement we want but pensions are becoming increasingly complex.
Greater job mobility means that people may build up a pension in several different jobs as well as making private pension arrangements. Meanwhile, the pension freedoms introduced in April 2015 mean that people retiring with defined contribution pension savings have much greater choice about the way they access their funds, including buying an annuity, leaving money invested and drawing an income from it or taking the whole amount as a lump sum.
MT Financial Management’s pension specialists can provide expert advice to help you make the most of your pensions and provide financial security in retirement. Our Pensions Review Service includes:
- a review of all your pension arrangements, including your state pension entitlement, private pension arrangements and occupational pensions
- a forecast of your likely income in retirement and an assessment of the contributions you need to make to achieve your target income
- a review of your existing pension providers’ charges to establish whether these can be reduced, increasing your retirement funds as a result
- an assessment of the investment funds held in your pension arrangements, using specialist software, to ensure that these are in line with your attitude to investment risk and objectives
- ensuring that your funds are held in the most appropriate type of pension plan, taking into account your investment objectives and the overall value of your pension portfolio
- annual reviews of your pension portfolio including an assessment of overall performance against your objectives and an update of your risk profile
- unlimited contact with your investment adviser by e-mail, telephone and letter
- liaison with your other professional advisers, such as your accountant, solicitor or tax adviser
- regular client newsletters and occasional seminars.
Our annual fee for the ongoing management of your portfolio is 0.6 percent of its value, subject to a minimum fee depending on the level of ongoing service selected, together with an initial fee for researching and establishing a bespoke pension portfolio.
All of our fees are explained at our first meeting and you will not be charged anything until we have confirmed our fees to you in writing and you have agreed to these and the work we propose to do for you.
We do not charge for any fund switches we recommend, so we have no incentive to encourage fund switching other than to improve your portfolio.
As an extension of our pension services, our Personal and Personal Plus Services offer a fully integrated and personalised financial planning service incorporating all investments, pensions, ISAs, savings accounts and property assets.
Pension planning is a long term commitment and you will not be able to access your money until age 55 under current legislation. Pension legislation can and does change and may change again in the future.
For more information on MT Financial Management in Spalding, Wisbech and Market Deeping, please contact us.